Intake & Eligibility
If you wish to receive services you must live in Delaware County, have a developmental disability, and meet the eligibility criteria established by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Definition of Developmental Disabilities:
A developmental disability is defined as a severe, chronic disability that:
- Is attributable to a mental and/or physical impairment that is not solely caused by mental illness
- Manifested before the age of 22
- Is likely to continue indefinitely
Eligibility will be determined within 45 calendar days after all the required information has been received. Once you are determined eligible for services, you will be assigned to a support administrator who will meet with you to discuss your needs and write a plan to assist you.
Eligibility determinations can be initiated at any time. Reassessments with the Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument (COEDI/OEDI) will occur at age six, 16, and as determined by the Director of Support Services.
To determine eligibility for children birth to three, please call the Toll-Free Help Me Grow Referral Line at 800.755.4769. For more information, click here.
For persons aged three and older, please submit the following documents for eligibility determination:
- Referral for Eligibility Determination
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of social security card
- Copies of the Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Evaluation Team Report (ETR) or recent psychological evaluation
- Any other diagnostic information
- Copy of guardianship or adoption papers if applicable
To determine if you or your loved one is eligible for services, please submit all requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to:
C/O Intake & Eligibility
7991 Columbus Pike
Lewis Center, OH 43035
For additional information regarding eligibility, please refer to the Eligibility Policy or click on the age ranges below. For questions, please contact DCBDD’s Intake and Eligibility department at email@example.com, or by phone at 740.201.3601.